MG217 Psoriasis Medicated Conditioning 3% Coal Tar Shampoo
- Maximum strength formula
- Fights irritation, itching, scaling and redness
- Treats psoriasis, dandruff, and seborrheic dermatitis
- Helps prevent psoriasis symptom recurrence
- Slows down production and controls build-up of new scales on scalp
- Leaves hair clean and manageable with a fresh, pleasant herbal fragrance
- Contains Coal Tar Solution USP 20% (equivalent to 3% coal tar)
- Doctor recommended ingredient
MG217 Medicated Conditioning Shampoo is formulated with coal tar to help slow the rapid growth of skin cells on the scalp. Coal tar is the only non-prescription active ingredient that works by slowing down excessive cell reproduction. This reduces the inflammation, itching and scaling of psoriasis, dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Our conditioning formula leaves hair clean, soft and manageable and helps prevent recurrence of psoriasis or dandruff symptoms. Controls symptoms of psoriasis/seborrheic dermatitis and dandruff.
- Size: 8 oz / 240 ml
Made in United States
©2012 Lake Consumer Products, Inc.
How To Use
Shake well before using. Wet hair, then massage a liberal amount of MG217 into the scalp and leave on for several minutes. Rinse thoroughly. For best results, use at least twice a week or as directed by a physician.
- Coal Tar 3% (from Coal Tar Topical Solution, USP 20%)
- Deionized Water, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Lauramidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Palmitic Betaine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Phenoxyethanol, Methyl Paraben, n-Butyl Paraben, Ethyl Paraben, Isobuytl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Fragrance, FD&C Blue #1
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this product be used on color-treated hair?
- Yes. As long as it is used only twice a week as stated on the directions for use and they use their regular shampoo on days in between.
Why is there a warning on some of the products about containing chemicals known to the State of California to cause Cancer?
- This warning pertains to coal tar, the active ingredient in a number of MG217 Psoriasis products, and is a requirement of the State of California. However, an expert advisory panel of the US FDA has recognized coal tar to be a safe and effective treatment for psoriasis when used as directed. The FDA does not share the opinion of the State of California that this warning should be present.
Do the MG217 Coal Tar products contain steroids?
- No, they do not.