The Ordinary Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F
>> Back to The Ordinary <<
High-Strength Oil-Solubilized Vitamin C Derivative in Vitamin F
Brighten, hydrate, and reduce signs of aging with this vitamin C oil-serum.
What It is
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F is an oil-based serum with essential fatty acids and a stable form of vitamin C.
What It Does
This treatment brightens and hydrates the skin and visibly reduces the signs of aging. It improves fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven tone while promoting a smooth, radiant appearance.
- Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate: a stable, oil-soluble form of vitamin C that can be used in high concentrations without irritation
- Vitamin F: essential fatty acids hydrate and replenish the skin
Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant, brightens the skin tone and reduces signs of ageing. Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is an oil-soluble derivative of Vitamin C that can be used in higher concentrations without drawbacks. It is one of the most stable derivatives of Vitamin C but, being a derivative, its potency will not be directly comparable to pure L-Ascorbic Acid. It is provided in this oil-format formula in combination with Vitamin F, also known as essential fatty acids. Aside from the general benefits of pure Vitamin C, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmiate has been shown to offer specific skin brightening benefits.
The Ordinary's portfolio of Vitamin C includes the following formulations:
Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone
Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%
Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%
Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10%
Topical Vitamin C offers a wide array of benefits to the skin. However, many forms of Vitamin C and many more formulations of Vitamin C are available commercially with a potential to confuse the audience. We have developed a guide that offers guidance on the formulations of Vitamin C offered under The Ordinary range. It also offers education on Vitamin C itself and on the differences between formulations of Vitamin C at large. Please click here for this guide.
Note: Supplied in UV-protective packaging.
Apply a few drops to your face in the morning and at night after toners and water-based treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which The Ordinary vitamin C product is best for me?
- When choosing a vitamin C product, consider your skin type, your routine, and your preferred formula texture. Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F is great for dry or dehydrated skin types who prefer a lightly hydrating, oil-based formula.
Will Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F work with my skin type?
- This product contains a non-irritating form of vitamin C in a lightweight oil base, so it works especially well with dry or dehydrated skin.
How often can I use Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F?
- You can apply it twice per day, once in the morning and once at night. If you are new to vitamin C products or have sensitive skin, we recommend starting with once per day.
How do I add Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F to my skin care routine?
- Apply it to cleansed skin after toners and water-based treatments in the morning and/or at night.
Coconut Alkanes, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethyl Linoleate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit Extract, Squalane.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
Recently on Social Media
Yes, we are writing about Vitamin C while our top-selling Vitamin C formula has been (and is) out of stock for over a month. If that doesn't make sense, please refer to our name... but it's coming back really soon. The Ordinary currently offers four Vitamin C formulations: Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA (C23), Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12% (AG12), Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate Solution 20% in Vitamin F (ATS20) and Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate 10% (MAP10). We are about to introduce two additional Vitamin C formulations to make things worse: Vitamin C 30% Suspension in Silicone (C30) and 100% L-Ascorbic Acid Powder (C100), both really affordable and both coming in July. Pure L-Ascorbic Acid (LAA) formulas (C23/C30/C100) are strongest but they sting as they are super potent. They are suspensions (since LAA is only soluble in water but it’s unstable in water) which means you must use tiny amounts per application to avoid balling up and product waste. C23 avoids silicones to maximize skin utilization of LAA and, as such, can feel a bit gritty despite the very fine mesh of LAA that we use. It can be mixed with hydrators to avoid this grittiness. C30 will include silicones to sting less and feel super smooth with no grittiness, but it will have slightly less skin utilization of LAA (which is why we included more LAA at 30%). C100 can be mixed with other formulas to incorporate LAA as you prefer. What does this all mean? If you want easy, use AG12 (water base) or ATS20 (light oil base). They are less potent but user-friendly to fit any regimen. If you want maximum LAA exposure, use C23 (can mix with other formulas) or C30. If you are an expert, use C100 (mix the powder with other products in your regimen). If skin brightening is your key goal with Vitamin C, use MAP10. Ideally, don’t use LAA formulas at the same time as retinoids or peeling acids; alternate between AM and PM. (PS LAA is soluble only in water but oxidizes quickly in water which is why water formulations of LAA are simply never a good idea regardless of how they are packaged. They turn orange due to oxidation and some products mask this change in colour with added ingredients that are orange.)
A few comments on social media...
- Love you guys!FREYATILLY
- @deciem I wish I could attach photos to this comment of how much the ordinary products have helped my skin! As a beauty therapist myself I was skeptical of the quality due to the price but I am absolutely astonished!! A big round of applause to you 🙌🏼👏🏼 goodbye acne and pigmentation, hello sexy glowing skin! THANK YOU!OLIVIAVIIL
- I'm so excited! 😍😍🍊🍊FRAN1OPEZ
- Love it 😍😍DOMENIQUEHEIDY
- What a wide range of products you have! Good Luck with your association with Ester Lauder which is great!SIMONEPOSTER1
- @deciem So can not wait will be looking out for your launch thank you all for your hard workSW.SUSAN1ANDONLY