Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm
Reveal smooth, glowing skin from the start of your routine and effortlessly dissolve makeup, dirt, and oil with the PEG-free Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm. This balm-to-milky oil harnesses naturally-enzymatic, actively smoothing papaya to satisfy and gently resurface skin, creating the ultimate baby-soft canvas for skincare and makeup. The mix of exfoliating and calming papaya seed oil, papaya enzymes, papaya extract, and antioxidant-packed blueberry, leaves skin clean, bouncy, and glowing.
Inspired by the K-Beauty method of double cleansing, or 1:1 Method, which focuses on massaging the products into the skin for 1 full minute for each cleansing step. This ensures that the multiple layers of skin care, makeup, dirt, and oils are all thoroughly removed. Using the 1:1 Method is the key in achieving hydrated, bouncy, clean skin.
Safe for Sensitive Eyes & Contact Lens Wearers
Safe for Sensitive Skin
- Dry Skin
- Normal Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Oily/Combination Skin
- Uneven Texture
>> Back To Glow Recipe <<
A fresh tropical scent that makes you feel like you’re on vacation
A smooth sorbet balm-to-milky oil
Makes Skin Feel
Soft and hydrated
Makes Skin Look
Smooth and glowy
Known as papain, this gentle exfoliant helps to dissolve and remove dead skin cells, improving skin tone and texture. It helps to soften and smooth the top layer of the skin while soothing and brightening.
Papaya Extract & Seed Oil
Rich in fatty acids, Oleic and Linoleic Acids, in addition to Vitamins A, C, and E, to help keep skin hydrated.
Rich in antioxidants to help fight free radical damage, calm irritation, and brighten skin.
Camellia Japonica Seed Oil
A lightweight, moisturizing oil that’s rich in Oleic Acid, antioxidants, and rich in Vitamins A, D, and E to help keep skin hydrated without weighing your skin down.
Apricot Kernel Oil
An oil high in fatty acids and Vitamin E that deeply nourishes and soothes the skin.
Vegan. Cruelty-free. Free of PEG, Parabens, Mineral Oil, Sulfates, Silicones, Phthalates, Drying Alcohols, Synthetic Dyes, Fragrance.
We choose to formulate with fragrance, when needed, to create a sensorial, enjoyable skincare experience. However, some formulas don’t need added fragrance as they already have naturally fragrant extracts. Naturally fragrant extracts are plant-based extracts that inherently possess a potent, pleasant scent.
The polyethylene in Papaya is a safe, cosmetic-grade polymer in liquid form and is different from the polyethylene that makes up common, everyday household plastics or microbeads.
*Please note, the natural formula might experience slight droplets due to higher temperatures. This does not affect the effectiveness or quality of the formula.
Full Ingredient List
Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Sorbitan Oleate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Polyethylene, Aqua/Water/Eau, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Seed Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Papain, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Ananassa (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Alkanna Tinctoria Root Extract, Capsicum Annuum Fruit Extract, Maltodextrin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Levulinic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Metabisulfite
How To Use
To Use As A Makeup Remover:
- Scoop a generous amount. On dry skin, gently massage formula with dry hands in circular motions for up to 1 minute, focusing on areas that have more makeup. Splash with lukewarm water to rinse. Keep your cleansing balm in a dry place and away from water.
To Use as a Double Cleanser:
- Use 1-2 pumps of Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser (sold separately) after cleansing balm. Create a lather, gently massage onto skin for up to 1 minute, and rinse thoroughly with water. Follow with your usual skincare routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do the different forms of papaya benefit skin?
- The 3 forms of Papaya (Papaya Enzymes, Papaya Seed Oil, Papaya Extract) are all rich in Vitamin A, C, E, and fatty acids, but each form has different concentrations. They all help to smooth, brighten, moisturize, and soothe skin but the oil has higher concentrations of fatty acids while the enzyme actively smooths.
How does the formula effectively remove makeup without PEGs?
- PEGs (Polyethylene Glycol) are used as effective ingredients for makeup removal and can cause sensitivity when consistently used, especially for sensitive skin. Since face + eyes are such delicate skin, we chose to formulate without any PEGs. Instead, we used Sorbitan Oleate, a solubilizer extracted from olive, and other oils that work together to effectively remove the makeup.
Since it exfoliates, is it safe for everyday (and 2x a day) use?
- Yes, it is safe. The formula has many soothing ingredients, papaya enzymes are a gentle smoothing ingredient, and it is tested to be safe for sensitive skin and eyes. Tests results TBD before launch.
What is the optimal environment for this cleanser?
- The formula should be in a dry, cool environment. Always close the cap to keep fresh. Do not keep the formula in the shower as this is a damp, wet environment. Avoid getting water into the jar as this can alter the texture.
Do I use this on dry skin or damp skin? Will it remove makeup the same either way?
- Apply to dry skin and massage into the skin to stimulate circulation and to allow the natural oils in the formula to latch on to dirt and grime. If used in the shower, please make sure skin is dry when applying.
Why is there polyethylene in the formula?
- The polyethylene in Papaya is a safe, cosmetic-grade polymer in liquid form and is different from the polyethylene that makes up common, everyday household plastics or microbeads.
Can I Recycle It?
Yes! Every part of this packaging is recyclable. The glass jar, the inner lid, and the entire carton can be recycled curbside. The plastic cap and spatula can be recycled through our Terracycle program. Please rinse out the jar before recycling!
Our cardboard cartons are made with a blend of PEFC-certified recycled paper, free of acids and heavy metal, printed with soy ink, and are 100% recyclable.
See here for more information on our Recycling Send-Back Program with Terracycle.