Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA+BHA Pore-Tight Toner
Hydrate skin and tighten pores at once with the ultra-gentle Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner for supple, smooth skin. An essential part of any good skin-care routine, toners help prep and plump skin to readily absorb the rest of your routine. Our innovative formula contains a balance of hydrating ingredients and pore-tightening actives to equally minimize the look of pores and hydrate skin, with gentle yet effective pore actives such as PHA and BHA.
Inspired by the Korean Aqua Peel Facial which focuses on the duality of exfoliating and hydrating, this pore-perfecting, exfoliating toner helps achieve instantly glowing, pillow-soft skin.
- Dry Skin
- Normal Skin
- Sensitive Skin
- Oily/Combination Skin
>> Back To Glow Recipe <<
After 2 Weeks*
90% of subjects saw a significant reduction in the appearance of pore size
After 4 weeks**
100% agreed their skin felt hydrated and replenished
96% agreed this toner helps keep their pores clean and clear
96% agreed this toner has made a difference in my skincare routine
*Based on a clinical survey of 30 women
**Based on a consumer survey
Herbal with a fruity finish and a hint of cucumber
Springy, bouncy liquid
Makes Skin Feel
Hydrated, smooth, and soothed
Makes Skin Look
Poreless, supple, and glowy
To Use As A Toner:
Cleanse, and then move on to this first liquid treatment in your routine. Dispense into the palm of hands and gently pat into skin—don’t wipe away or rub. Follow with your serum, moisturizer, and SPF or overnight mask (depending on the time of day!) If you prefer to use a reusable cotton pad, you can dispense the product onto the cotton pad and gently pat into skin. Again, don’t wipe or rub to minimize friction. Avoid eye area. During the day, follow with sunscreen.
To Use As A Spot Treatment:
After cleansing, apply to areas of concern and pat into skin until fully absorbed.
Use Watermelon Pore-Tight Toner as a mini mask! After cleansing, soak your cotton pads with Watermelon Pore-Tight Toner and leave on your skin for 10 minutes. Follow with your usual skin-care routine.
Amino-rich watermelon extract intensely hydrates, soothes and improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
Contains electrolytes and amino acids that hydrate and help retain moisture. This ingredient is what gives the product its springy, stretchy texture!
Polyhydroxy Acids help to resurface and smooth skin, while also removing buildup of dead skin cells. PHA’s larger molecular size allows it to sink into the skin more gradually, giving your skin more time to adjust and react, making it ideal for anyone, even sensitive skin types. It provides effective retexturing and smoothing results with minimal irritation. PHAs also have antioxidant benefits and humectant properties that help to hydrate the skin.
An oil-soluble ingredient that effectively penetrates the pore's outer surface and decongests clogged pores, making it one of the most effective ingredients in reducing the appearance of pores and blackheads. The formula includes 2 types of BHA: Willow Bark, a gentle, natural source of BHA, and sugarcane, birch, and royal azalea tree-derived Betaine Salicylate.
A humectant that anchors moisture within the skin, deeply penetrating it to keep skin hydrated and plump. This holy grail hydrator retains 1000 times its weight in water to breathe new life to dry, rough skin.
Tea Tree Extract
Antimicrobial properties that help clean pores and soothe irritation.
Contains high percentage of water that helps to cool skin off, caffeic acid to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, brightening Vitamin C, and hydrating potassium.
Parabens, Mineral Oil, Sulfates, Silicones, Phthalates, Drying Alcohol, Synthetic Dyes. Vegan. Leaping Bunny Certified Cruelty-Free.
We formulate using the minimum amount of fragrance, when needed, to create a sensorial, enjoyable skincare experience. Fragrance is always less than 0.5% of our formulations, and all fragrances are vegan and free of PCM compounds, acetone, and much more.
Opuntia Ficus-Indica (Cactus) Extract, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Gluconolactone, Sodium Polyglutamate, Betaine Salicylate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Watermelon Fruit Ferment Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugarcane) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Brassica Oleracea Capitata (Cabbage) Leaf Extract, Ipomoea Batatas Root Extract, Sorbitan Oleate, Levulinic Acid, Sodium Levulinate, Fragrance/Parfum
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BHA okay for daily use?
- While BHA is a powerful ingredient, we balanced the formula with extremely hydrating, gentle ingredients such as Cactus Water, Watermelon Extract, and Hyaluronic Acid to make it a unique, pore-refining formula that’s also super hydrating, leaving the skin hydrated and plump.
Why do I need a toner? Aren’t they unnecessary?
- Toners are essential for restoring your skin’s pH after cleansing and infusing your skin with its first leave-on hydration step, and can have other benefits that target skin concerns. Our Watermelon Pore-Tight Toner not only refines the appearance of pores, it also creates a hydrating, supple base for your skin to absorb the remaining steps of your skin-care routine.
Can I use this with Avocado Retinol Sleeping Mask/Pineapple Serum/Watermelon Mask?
- Just like the rest of our products, the Watermelon Pore-Tight Toner utilizes powerful active ingredients in a super-gentle way. Glow Recipe Skincare is formulated and perfectly balanced to work together in the same routine. If you have sensitive skin, we recommend patch testing them together on the back of your hand before applying to your face.
Can I use the Watermelon Pore-Tight Toner with an acne treatment in the same routine?
- We recommend avoiding the use of Benzoyl Peroxide in the same routine as our Watermelon Pore-Tight Toner, as it contains BHA.
Will the BHA in the formula make me purge?
- Using BHA in your routine can possibly cause skin purging, especially if you’re new to the ingredient. This period is totally normal, and can last anywhere from less than a week to 4-6 weeks.
Can I Recycle It?
- Yes! Our shelfie-worthy bottles are made with 20% recycled glass and are 100% recyclable. Just rinse them after use and place them in your recycling bin. You know the inner plastic lid that prevents your product from leaking? Make sure to recycle it too.
- Our cardboard cartons are made with a blend of PEFC-certified recycled paper, free of acids and heavy metal, printed with soy ink, and are 100% recyclable.