Mamma Chia - Black Chia Seeds 12 oz (340 g)
Mamma Chia offers only the highest quality, USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO Verified black chia seeds, packed with essential Omega-3, complete protein and fiber!
Organic black chia seeds are a wonderful, nutrient dense addition to salads, smoothies, baked goods and so many more tasty recipes! Aesthetically pleasing, these seeds act as a beautiful garnish on top of soup or a veggie side dish.
Organic Black Chia Seeds from Mamma Chia:
Each tablespoon of black chia contains:
o 2,430mg of Omega-3
o 4g of Fiber
o 3g Complete Protein
o 60 calories
|Serving Size||1 Tablespoon (12g)|
|Servings Per Container||About 28|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Amount||% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
Ingredients: organic chia seeds
More Info About Chia Seed
Chia seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals, and they also boast a rich history. The ancient Aztec and Maya civilizations prized the chia seed as a vital source of nutrition. The Aztecs first used chia more than 5,000 years ago. By 2000 B.C., chia had become an integral part of many Central American diets, including the Teotihuacan, Toltec and Aztec societies.
Chia seeds were used extensively by the native Central and South Americans.
Here are just a few ways this versatile food was utilized:
- Food – main course or as a complement to other foods
- Flour – many groups (including the Aztecs) ground chia seeds into a tasty, multipurpose flour
- Medicine – chia seeds were included with various medicines, potions and healing techniques
- Beverages – thousands of years before Mamma Chia drinks, chia seeds were mixed with water and used as a beverage
- Oil – the Aztecs and Maya pressed chia seeds to extract oil
But up until a few years ago, it was difficult to find chia seeds for sale. Today, thanks in part to Mamma Chia, everyone can enjoy one of nature’s most wondrous, well-rounded foods. On our website and in your store, Mamma Chia is proud to offer our entire line of products powered by chia.