Schmidt’s Naturals Cedarwood + Juniper Deodorant Stick, 2.65 Oz
WARM + WOODY
Schmidt's award-winning formulas help neutralize odor and keep you fresh, naturally.
- Natural Deodorant That Works – Schmidt's Cedarwood + Juniper helps neutralize odor and keep you fresh, enriched with magnesium.
- Natural Fragrance – A warm, woodsy, irresistible scent made with essential oils.
- Proven Protection – Our award-winning deodorants are for every body and we have a formulation or scent for everyone. Not sure where to start? Try our Sensitive Skin Formula.
- Fights Body Odor – 1-2 swipes is all you need for all day protection with just a small amount. Before applying, hold product to skin to soften the oils on contact with body heat.
- Plant- and Mineral-Based Ingredients – Formulated with your skin in mind, using ingredients such as coconut oil, magnesium, and shea butter.
- Certified Vegan and Leaping Bunny Certified Cruelty-Free
- Recommended by board-certified-dermatologist and Schmidt’s partner, Dr. Whitney Bowe. The aforementioned should not be used in place of a professional examination. Please see a board-certified-dermatologist for a proper consultation to find the best product for your needs.
Size: 2.65 Oz / 75g
>> Back to Schmidt's <<
Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Powder, Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Cedrus Deodara (Himalayan Cedar) Essential Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Magnesium Hydroxide, Juniperus Communis Fruit (Juniper) Essential Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E, Sunflower Derived)
Frequently Asked Questions
DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK?
- Schmidt’s cuts no corners in our award-winning formula and the resulting product is extremely effective, even for those who have a history of frustration with ineffective deodorants. Schmidt’s formulas help neutralize odor and keep you fresh without the use of controversial ingredients such as aluminum and propylene glycol.
- We’re happy to report that we hear every day from ecstatic customers and have received glowing reviews from hundreds of beauty writers — check some of them out on our Press page!
HOW DO I APPLY?
- It’s easy! When using our jars, remove the product using the enclosed spatula, and warm a small, pea-sized amount between the fingers to soften completely before applying.
- When using our sticks, hold under the arm momentarily to soften upon contact with body heat before gently applying a thin, even layer. Start small, and use less than you might be used to with conventional products.
- For more info, check out our Ultimate Guide to Putting on Deodorant.
DOES SCHMIDT’S CONTAIN ALUMINUM OR OTHER HARMFUL CHEMICALS?
- Nope! Our formula is 100% free of aluminum, parabens, propylene-glycol, phthalates, gluten, and artificial fragrance. 🙅🚫
IS SCHMIDT’S AN ANTIPERSPIRANT? WILL IT HELP PROTECT ME FROM SWEAT?
- We don’t use aluminum which is known to block the pores to prevent the body’s healthy process of sweating — this means Schmidt’s technically isn’t an antiperspirant. 💦 However, our formula does contain natural plant powders to keep you fresh, so even though Schmidt’s doesn’t prevent you from sweating, it will still offer protection!
- For more info, head on over to our post Sweating It: The Who, What, When, Where, and Why.
I’M SWITCHING OVER FROM A TRADITIONAL DEODORANT. WHICH PRODUCT SHOULD I START OFF WITH? TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS?
- Bravo! We applaud your decision to make the switch to a natural deodorant. 👏 We suggest starting at the beginning with our original formula—it’s changed the way a lot of people think about deodorant. Have a history of sensitivity? Check out our Sensitive Skin formula.
- There’s a lot to think about when switching to a natural deo. Don’t sweat it though, as soon enough your new routine will become just that — routine. To help you get started definitely check out our post 5 Pro Tips for Your Armpits.
WHAT IS “NATURAL FRAGRANCE”?
- Our natural fragrances are a combination of pure essential oils or non-synthetic isolates, which are a combination of aromatic molecules distilled from natural plant materials. 🌿 Our natural fragrances contain no carrier oils, artificial fragrances, parabens or phthalates.
WILL SCHMIDT’S STAIN MY CLOTHING?
- Ah, the dreaded yellow sweat stains. 🙈 These are often the result of chemical interactions between your body’s urea and aluminum in found antiperspirants — however, Schmidt’s contains no aluminum, so no worries there! We also recommend that you avoid over-applying (this helps prevent oils from getting into your clothing’s fibers), stay away from tight-fitting clothing and synthetic fabrics, and that you ensure your underarms are dry before applying deodorant — mixing your deo with water makes staining more likely.
- Lastly, if you’re using our stick deo, try holding it under your arm momentarily to soften on contact with body heat. This helps speed up the absorption and prevent excess product from winding up on your clothing.
- Want to be an expert on sweat stains? Check out our post The Ultimate Guide to Preventing and Removing Sweat Stains.
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF YOUR PRODUCTS?
- Our products have a shelf life of about 18 months unopened and roughly 12 months after being opened. You can find a shelf life symbol on the back of our products, which indicates the number of months that a cosmetic is safe to use after opening.
I’M HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE DIAL ON MY STICK.
- Here’s a helpful tip that might help. Take the cap off , then squeeze around the sides towards the top – this may help the stick “release” from the sides of the container. Then get a good grip on the dial, and apply upward pressure while you twist the dial. This often causes it to twist up easily going forward.
THE TEXTURE IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT I’M USED TO.
- Keen observation! That’s one of the things that makes Schmidt’s unique. Our formula is designed to be applied in small amounts to help prevent things like staining, stickiness, and overapplication. A little goes a long way. For more info, check out our Ultimate Guide to Putting on Deodorant.
- Want a more traditional feeling formula? Definitely check out our Sensitive Skin formulas, which prioritize a smooth, creamy texture and can be applied in larger amounts.
I HAVE A HISTORY OF SENSITIVE SKIN OR SENSITIVITY TO BAKING SODA. CAN YOU HELP ME?
- Yes! Definitely check out our Sensitive Skin formula, which is formulated specifically for those with sensitive skin that are seeking effective and natural protection help in neutralizing odor and keeping you fresh, and is made without baking soda. It also prioritizes a smooth, creamy consistency and fast absorption, topped off with essential oils that are renowned for the skin-soothing and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Underarms need some extra TLC? Check out The Natural blog for expert advice on approaching underarm skincare.
I’M EXPERIENCING SENSITIVITY. CAN I STILL USE SCHMIDT’S?
- It’s very likely! Sensitivity is pretty common in the vulnerable underarm area, especially when product is overapplied. Did you know about our Sensitive Skin formula? This is formulated specifically for those with sensitive skin that are seeking effective and natural protection that deodorant can offer, and is made without baking soda. It also prioritizes a smooth, creamy consistency and fast absorption, topped off with essential oils that are renowned for their skin-soothing and anti-inflammatory qualities.
- For more tips on how to avoid sensitivity, head on over to The Natural blog.
WHAT’S AN UNDERARM DETOX ALL ABOUT?
- Some users report what they call an “underarm detox” when transitioning from traditional antiperspirants and deodorants to natural deodorant. The theory goes that the body may expel toxins that were previously blocked by chemicals such as aluminum in the sweat glands. Many report no transition at all, while others may report a fluctuation in odor, wetness, and sensitivity.
- For more information, check out our post What to Expect When Switching to Natural Deodorant.