The INKEY List Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) Serum 30ml
The INKEY List Alpha Hydroxy Serum contains Alpha Hydroxy Acid, also known as AHA. This type of acid is found naturally in different foods and plants, it gently exfoliates to leave skin soft and smooth.
AHAs exfoliate the skin by working to unglue dead skin on the surface that can make the skin appear dull, pores lager and give the appearance of an uneven skin tone. Using AHAs increases cell turnover and skin sheds naturally, to reveal a brighter and more even skin tone.
Alpha Hydroxy Acid acts to:
- - Target rough skin
- - Increase cell renewal
- - Reduce the appearance of brown spots
- - Smooth skin texture
- - 10% Fruit acid for gentle exfoliation and effective results without irritation.
- - 1% Low molecular Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate from beneath the skin surface.
- - Suitable for all skin types.
- - Paraben free, fragrance free.
Use in the evening. Apply one to two drops onto cleansed skin, using the fingertips to pat the serum in. Avoid the under eye area. Follow with other serums and moisturisers.
Tips from The INKEY List:
AHAs are a gentle and effective way to exfoliate the skin, you just need to ensure you're choosing the one that's right for you and not overdoing it. If you're new to AHAs, we advise starting every other night to begin with.
How quickly the skin renews itself is dependent on age, and whilst you may see some instant effects from the product, you will see the full effects within 30 days of beginning use.
How to use with other products:
AHAs can be combined with most other products, however there are a few to be careful with to ensure you don't sensitise the skin.
- When combining with a Vitamin C serum - Both are amazing ingredients that can aid healthy looking skin, however it would be best to use Vitamin C in the AM and Alpha Hydroxy in the PM. The acidic PH of both could lead to increased sensitivity and irritation if used together. Vitamin C works best in the AM due to its antioxidant properties.
- Using with a Retinol - If you are also using a Retinol product in your evening routine, and want to add an acid we suggest using acids weekly or if you want to use your acid more regularly alternating with Retinol. If you do wish to use both on the same day, due to PH levels we would recommend waiting around 20 minutes before applying your Retinol and be careful of overuse as both increase skin renewal and may cause sensitivity.
- Using with other AHAs - We would recommend only using one AHA at a time (This includes Glycolic, Alpha Hydroxy and Lactic acid) Whilst they can have slightly different benefits you can have too much of a good thing and over exfoliation can lead to increased sensitivity.
Advice and Warnings:
AHAs can increase sun sensitivity due to their exfoliating properties. Covering areas where the product has been applied with sunscreen and for 7 days after use is recommended. Avoid direct contact with eyes and lips. External use only. If irritation occurs discontinue use and consult a doctor. You may feel a slight tingling or hot sensation on the skin when applying, this is normal. However, if there is any itching or a prolonged burning sensation discontinue use immediately.
Aqua (Water), Propanediol, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Acer Saccharum (Sugar Maple) Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Allantoin, Sodium Levulinate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Anisate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate.