The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane
Latest stock arrived: 15/08/2019
A Fast-Absorbing, Non-Greasy Hydration Solution for Skin and Hair
What It is
What It Does
- Squalane: an emollient ingredient that is found naturally in the skin, making it an excellent hydrator for all skin types
Hemi-Squalane is a non-polar hydrocarbon that is produced from the fermentation of sugar-based feedstock. Squalane and Hemi-Squalane are both excellent non-comedogenic emollients that can help to reduce the ongoing loss of hydration that weakens dermal elasticity and suppleness. However, due to its low molecular weight, Hemi-Squalane has greater spreadability and leaves a light and dry after-feel, making it very suitable for reducing hair frizz.
Note: The 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane used in our product is USDA Certified Bio-Based.
Hair Application—Work through damp, clean hair daily or as needed.
Skin Application—Apply a few drops to the entire face once daily or as needed.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
Recently on Social Media
Say hello to The Ordinary''s 100% Plant-Derived Hemi-Squalane which is half the molecular weight of our original 100% Plant-Derived Squalane. This low molecular weight makes the formula incredibly light and dry to the touch while offering the same non-comedogenic emollience and moisturizing capacity, making this formula suitable for all skin and hair types. Like our original Squalane it can help to reduce the ongoing loss of hydration that weakens dermal elasticity and suppleness. It''s 100% pure, 100% colourless, 100% non-greasy and comes from 100% sustainable sugarcane.
Oh...and the honest pricing makes it look like we made a mistake but sometimes we do get things right and it really is just £2.75/$3.95/€3.60 (our lowest-priced product yet). 🙈
It's available now at www.theordinary.com and will be squeezing onto our store shelves throughout the week - BUT (big, important but), you might want to wait another day before placing your order: Black Friday is coming. 🖤
A few comments on social media...
- 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 thank you for looking after our oceans by refusing to use shark derived squalene!DULLIFE
- Hi from 🇦🇺! Thankyou for making such fantastic products that are amazing value. ❤️FREYAWARNINGSTONE
- I quite literally apply 5x the recommended amount with flawless, amazing results. Truly is like your face is taking a big drink of h2o.KODEESHANE
- OMG I need this one for my day routine! I use the before version and I love it! It’s my holly grail for the night!MIASOIREE
- So this is the answer i get when i ask how I can love my favorite product even more, ughELISABETH.GAAL
- This one is a MUST HAVE! 🙌🏽 I’ve always been skeptical about the original squalene cause of my oily skin but now I have to get this oneHAWWAA_
- How do you guys continue to stun us with these amazing products 😍SHLAYA
- I love this stuff. Can't wait to try this out xREBECCAVF83
- Wow awesome price point!! 👌🏼CARLYBB11