The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane
>> Back to The Ordinary <<
Latest stock arrived: 01/04/2021
A Lightweight Plant-Derived Solution to Support Healthy Hydration
Hydrate and promote a soft, supple texture with plant-derived squalane.
What It is
100% Plant-Derived Squalane is a lightweight, non-comedogenic oil that is found naturally in the skin.
What It Does
This treatment hydrates and restores a soft, supple texture to all skin types (including acne-prone). It prevents moisture loss with regular use. It can also be applied to hair to add shine and protect from damage.
- Squalane: an emollient ingredient that is found naturally in the skin, making it an excellent hydrator for all skin types
Squalane is a saturated and stable hydrocarbon that is found naturally in the skin. It has very high emollience, is an exceptional hydrator and can prevent ongoing loss of hydration that impairs dermal suppleness. Squalane is non-comedogenic and is suitable for use on all skin types. It can also be applied to hair to increase heat protection, add shine and reduce breakage potential.
Note: This product uses 100% pure plant-derived Squalane that is ECOCERT approved and is a USDA Certified Bio-based Product.
Apply a few drops to your face after toners and water-based products as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m pregnant or breastfeeding. Is 100% Plant-Derived Squalane safe for me?
- This product is considered safe for use while pregnant or breastfeeding, but it’s best to check with your healthcare provider first.
I have acne-prone or oily skin. Can I use 100% Plant-Derived Squalane?
- Squalane is compatible with most skin types because it occurs naturally in healthy skin. It is fast-absorbing and lightweight, making it a great choice for acne-prone or oily skin. Because everyone’s skin is different, we recommend patch testing any new product before adding it to your routine.
How do I add 100% Plant-Derived Squalane to my skin care routine?
- Apply it to cleansed skin after toners, serums, and other water-based treatments. You can apply another moisturizer on top if desired.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
Recently on Social Media
If you date plant oils in your skincare routine, get ready to get engaged to 100% Plant-Derived Squalane now available from The Ordinary. Squalane may sound like a boring thing but it actually is a simple thing that does so much for skin and hair that we can just go on and on without end. It is a natural hydrocarbon that is present in the skin, helping to prevent loss of hydration and to improve suppleness. Unlike plant oils, Squalane is completely non-greasy, is exceptionally pure and stays stable in varying UV, temperature and oxidative conditions. Its non-comedogenic emollience hydrates while improving visible elasticity and texture. If you use it on your hair, it offers heat protection, stops moisture loss and prevents breakage. We basically use it everywhere. Our Squalane is 100% pure, 100% colourless, 100% odourless, 100% non-greasy and comes from 100% sustainable plant sources. You will 100% fall in love with it from the very first date.
A few comments on social media...
- I love this product!! 😍👌🏼THEBALINATUROPATH
- After using this for 3 weeks this product has definitely reached holy grail status for me I love this so much.JILLIVNE
- This is so true... it's certainly not like the normal oil and it really makes your skin feel so hydrated.I am totally in love with this product! @deciem Can we make this into a lip balm or lip oil treatment? It feels amazing on the lips. ❤💋 I'd like to have something to toss into my purse and carry with me always.PARISRAINES
- Just amazing ! 👍🏻PRIMANDPRETTYOFFICIAL
- thank you for having fair prices! you guys have started a revolutionHI_IMTIPPY
- I just discovered your world!! so excited to have found it... Can not wait to try some products!!HI_IMTIPPY
- @deciem You guys are amazing. Thank you little monkeys. YOUNG_BENJI76
- My order came today and I am IN LOVE with squalane it's incredible! My skins oily so I was apprehensive but I love love love it!!LILYYPH
- Thanks @deciem for actually explaining what your product is and does, not just the usual, and slightly condescending, it does complicated that things arePEACHWOMBAT
- This one ❤❤❤ we've been dating for a couple of weeks now, and I'm in love. Frankly, it was love at first touch 😍🙏🏼BENEDICTEHN
- I absolutely love mine! It has changed the softness and suppleness in my face so muchBRITTANYLEIGH616
- @deciem I have been using it for 2 weeks and I absolutely love it! I have acne prone skin so to use an oil-like product is a luxury for me, and for it to be non comedogenic is a dream come true!NATALIA_WIECLAW
- Love this product so muchMADELINE_MAE_3
- I've mentioned my results with this product in my latest blog post ❤️ I absolutely love it @deciem saved my skin from atopic dermatitis and chronic dryness, leaving perfectly balanced combination skin. 100% love it!SCOTTLOVESSTUFF
- I've been using Squalane for two weeks now and I can already see that my skin is more hydrated and radiant. For this price you can't get any better!ANA.MALINA
- I LOVE this oil! I never used to like oil on my face until this one came along!!! ❤❤❤JAZZYKYLINA