The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA
Latest stock arrived: 07/05/2018
A Concentrated Serum with Purified Alpha Arbutin and Hyaluronic Acid
Fade hyperpigmention, dark spots, and acne scars with this brightening serum.
- ph: 4.85-4.90
What It Is
Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA is a water-based serum with alpha arbutin and hyaluronic acid.
What It Does
This treatment fades hyperpigmentation (such as dark spots, acne scars, age spots, and melasma) and promotes a clear, even skin tone.
- Alpha arbutin: an ingredient with visible brightening effects
- Hyaluronic acid: supports the delivery of alpha arbutin and provides a hydrating, plumping effect
Alpha Arbutin reduces the looks of spots and hyper-pigmentation. It's used at a high 2% concentration versus a standard concentration of 1% and supported with a next-generation form of Hyaluronic Acid for enhanced delivery. Alpha Arbutin is much stronger in effect than Arbutin or Beta Arbutin.
Note: Alpha Arbutin is extremely sensitive to degradation in the presence of water if the pH of the formulation is not ideal. The pH of this formula is approximately 4.9 which is shown to be the most suitable pH to minimize degradation of Alpha Arbutin.
Apply a few drops to face in the AM and PM as part of your skincare regimen. Use sun protection in the AM.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is alpha arbutin?
- Alpha arbutin is a stable, water-soluble compound related to hydroquinone. It has been shown to safely and visibly brighten skin and fade hyperpigmentation without irritation.
Does Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA treat acne?
- This product doesn’t treat acne directly, although it does help to fade acne scars. We recommend Salicylic Acid 2% Solution, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, or Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% for acne.
How do I add Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA to my skin care routine?
- Apply it to cleansed skin after toners and water-based serums. Allow a few minutes for it to absorb before applying moisturizers and creams. You can use it in the morning and at night.
Can I mix or layer Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA with other products?
- Yes. If you want to treat fine lines and wrinkles, we recommend using it with “Buffet” or Matrixyl 10% + HA.
Can I use Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA as a spot treatment?
- Yes. You can apply it directly to dark spots or all over your face.
Aqua (Water), Alpha-Arbutin, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Propanediol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Lactic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.