The Ordinary Alpha Lipoic Acid 5%
>> Back to The Ordinary <<
A Highly-Stable, Water-Free Alpha Lipoic Acid Solution
Smooth and refine your skin's tone and texture with this potent antioxidant treatment.
What It is
Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% is a concentrated biweekly treatment with alpha lipoic acid.
What It Does
This treatment visibly improves skin tone and texture. With regular use, it smooths and refines the skin while preventing free radical damage.
- Alpha lipoic acid: a potent antioxidant that restores and renews the skin's appearance
Alpha Lipoic Acid is a highly potent antioxidant and can restore a renewed skin appearance, improving visible skin texture and tone when applied topically. This formulation uses an exceptionally high 5% concentration of high-purity Alpha Lipoic Acid.
1. Alpha Lipoic Acid is highly sensitive to sunlight. Please do not expose to direct sunlight. Application to face is recommended at nighttime only.
2. Alpha Lipoic Acid is less stable in formulations that contain water and use of formulations of ALA containing water is highly discouraged. This formulation is water-free and may feel slightly "oily" for a few seconds after application.
3. This formulation contains an extremely high concentration of ALA. Daily use is not recommended since such a high frequency of use can cause skin sensitivity. Please follow suggested use frequency.
2-3 times per week, apply a few drops to your skin at night after toners and water-based products. Daily use is not recommended, as this can cause skin sensitivity. If irritation occurs, you can reduce the strength of this product by diluting it with most oils. This product should not be used on sensitive or irritated skin.
Alpha lipoic acid is highly sensitive to sunlight. Do not expose this product to direct sunlight. For this reason, we recommend applying it at night only.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is alpha lipoic acid?
- Alpha lipoic acid is an antioxidant found in every cell in the body. It defends against environmental stress and renews and rejuvenates skin.
Can I apply Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% around my eyes?
- No. This product should not used near the eye area.
Will Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% work with my skin type?
- This product is best for skin that is not sensitive, inflamed, or reactive. It contains a high concentration of alpha lipoic acid, so it may cause irritation.
How often can I use Alpha Lipoic Acid 5%?
- You can use it 2-3 times per week at most.
How do I add Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% to my skin care routine?
- Apply it to cleansed skin after toners and water-based products at night only. Allow a few minutes for it to absorb before applying moisturizers and creams. Use it 2-3 times per week at most.
Can I mix or layer Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% with other products?
- Yes. If irritation occurs, you can reduce its strength by mixing it with a facial oil, like 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Moroccan Argan Oil.
Propanediol, Thioctic Acid.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
Recently on Social Media
You might have heard that Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is an amazing antioxidant. You might even already know that it's soluble in both oil and water meaning it can be absorbed really well. And you might have also read that its antioxidant capacity is 40,000% stronger than networks of Vitamins C and E together. But there are many things you may not know about ALA: a) ALA can give you a glow overnight after a single application; b) ALA can oxidize both in water and in oil (yet most formulas of ALA contain one or both); c) ALA is not expensive despite some extremely expensive formulas on the market with ALA; d) ALA does not need to be used every day for amazing results. The Ordinary's Alpha Lipoic Acid 5% formula does not contain water, oil, silicones or alcohol and concentrates 5% pure ALA (the strongest concentration we know of by far) for a glow that starts after the first application. And the best part is that you would only use a few drops 2-3 times per week, meaning the 30ml bottle lasts for ages. ❤️🐒