The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%
>> Back to The Ordinary <<
Latest stock arrived: 15/05/2020 (more to come)
Multifunctional Brightening Formula
Brighten and restore an even tone and texture to your skin with this lightweight cream-gel.
Size: 30 ml
- pH 4.00-5.00
What It Is
Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% is a lightweight cream-gel with azelaic acid.
What It Does
This treatment brightens the skin, reduces the look of blemishes, and promotes an even tone and texture. It also fades hyperpigmentation and reduces the redness associated with rosacea.
- Azelaic acid: an antioxidant that is naturally produced by yeast living on healthy skin. It has brightening, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory effects.
Found in grains, Azelaic Acid is produced naturally by yeast that lives on normal skin. It brightens the skin tone while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. It is a multi-functional support ingredient for all skin types and also acts as an effective antioxidant. This formula offers a very high 10% concentration of high-purity Azelaic Acid in a lightweight cream-gel system.
Apply a pea-sized amount to your skin at night after toners and water-based treatments. Avoid contact with your eyes and mouth. If irritation occurs, this product can be diluted to reduce its strength. We recommend wearing sun protection during the day when this product is part of your routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is azelaic acid?
- Azelaic acid is a compound naturally produced by yeast living on healthy skin. It is also derived from grains, like wheat and barley. As an antioxidant, it works to brighten skin, reduce redness and dark spots, and fight acne with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Will Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% work with my skin type?
- This product works with many skin types, although it may cause irritation in very sensitive skin. Because everyone’s skin is different, we recommend patch testing any new product before adding it to your routine.
Does Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% treat acne?
- Azelaic acid can be helpful in treating acne because it fights bacteria, soothes inflammation, and prevents pores from clogging.
How often can I use Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%?
- We recommend applying it once per day at night after toners and water-based treatments.
How do I add Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% to my skin care routine?
- Apply a pea-sized amount to cleansed skin after toners and water-based products at night. You can apply a moisturizer or cream on top if desired.
Aqua (Water), Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Dimethicone, Azelaic Acid, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Tocopherol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
Recently on Social Media
Some things in the world just seem to have everything going for them. Azelaic Acid is one of those things. You probably don't know that there is Azelaic Acid on your skin as you are reading this post even if you don't use treatments containing this amazing ingredient, because Azelaic Acid is produced naturally by yeast that lives on healthy skin. Found also in grains, Azelaic Acid brightens the skin tone while visibly improving the evenness of skin texture and reducing the look of blemishes. It is a multi-functional support ingredient for all skin types and also acts as an effective antioxidant. And while most acids cause redness, Azelaic Acid is also shown to reduce the looks of redness and of rosacea. The Ordinary offers Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% which offers a high-purity grade of this amazing ingredient in a lightweight cream-gel system suitable for all skin types. (PS1 As this formula is a suspension to offer optimal stability, very small amounts must be used and ideally at bedtime. PS2 We cannot ship Azelaic Acid to some markets due to local regulatory limbos; we can instead ship you a baseball bat so you can beat up local authorities for being a few generations behind the rest of the world. We have 5 baseball bats available on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are interested in one, please DM us.) 🐒❤️
A few comments on social media...
- the best!!LINASBEAUTYY
- Just bought some products from The Ordinary a few weeks back and I'm obsessed with them. Also happened to stumble across this golden Instagram page, so it's easy to say I'm obsessed with this brand, it's products and way of marketing. 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼ABBY_RONEY
- Just posted about this today! Love this product!! @deciemALOEANDGLOW
- This product has made such a dramatic difference to my skin. Now it really is optional to wear foundation. ❤️❤️❤️COMETSVIOLINS
- This is an amazing product!!! I am so glad I bought this and already want to get more.APRILRAMOS80
- I just made my first order and I am literally squealing inside because I'm so excited!!!!❤GITANR_
- this is my favourite thing ever!ALEXASTECKO
- I feel crazy but i've only been using that arbutin product for about two weeks and i feel like the dark spots on my face, which have been there for years, have almost cleared completely up.PRIVATIYE
- I love your humor😂and your products too of course!_RENATA_HORVATH_
- I love this azelaic acid and i think i will keep repurchasing it!BARRAALVIOLITA
- I use this for pustular rosacea! My breakouts are smaller and less frequent - it cleared up my skin more/faster than anything my dermatologist ever recommended. Please make a bigger size!INCATCEIVABLE