The Ordinary "Buffet"
>> Back to The Ordinary <<
Latest stock arrived: 05/05/2021
Multi-Technology Peptide Serum
Restore a youthful, radiant complexion with this powerful anti-aging serum.
Size: 30 ml
- ph 4.50-5.50
What It Is
“Buffet” is a water-based serum with an array of anti-aging technologies, including peptides, probiotics, amino acids, and more.
What It Does
This treatment improves multiple signs of aging at once with various anti-aging ingredients. It reduces fine lines and wrinkles, fades dark spots, hydrates, brightens, and promotes a firm, smooth texture.
- Matrixyl 3000: a peptide complex that firms and plumps skin by boosting collagen and elastin
- Matrixyl Synthe'6: a peptide complex that reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and imperfections
- Syn-Ake peptide complex: prevents the formation of deep wrinkles and restores elasticity
- Relistase peptide complex: increases skin firmness and elasticity by boosting collagen
- Argirelox peptide complex: fights expression wrinkles, like smile lines and crow's feet
- Probiotic complex: promotes healthy skin barrier function and better hydration
- Amino acids: proteins with moisturizing, antioxidant, and restorative benefits
- Hyaluronic acid: multiple hyaluronic acid complexes hydrate and create a plump, supple feel
Please Note: The ingredients in "Buffet" may settle during transit, causing the bottle to appear as though it's not completely full. This is normal and won't affect the performance of your serum.
This formula combines a comprehensive array of studied technologies to target multiple signs of ageing at once. The technologies are Matrixyl 3,000 peptide complex (with palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7), Matrixyl Synthe'6 peptide complex (with palmitoyl tripeptide-38), Syn-Ake peptide complex (with dipeptide diaminobutyroyl benzylamide diacetate), Relistase peptide complex (with acetylarginyltryptophyl diphenylglycine), Argirelox peptide complex (with acetyl hexapeptide-8, pentapeptide-18), Probiotic complex (with lactococcus lactis lysate), in a base of 11 skin-friendly amino acids and multiple hyaluronic acid complexes. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 25.1%.
(References are made to third-party trademarks in this description. All such trademarks are owned by their respective owners. Neither The Ordinary nor DECIEM is affiliated with these trademarks or their owners.)
The name of this formula was inspired by some brands referring to their expensive products offering combinations of these technologies as a "buffet", distastefully comparing such products to buffets that offer various kinds of food in one sitting.
For a stronger effort against signs of age, our brand Hylamide offers a next-generation formula, SubQ Anti-Age.
Apply to the entire face in the AM and PM after cleaning.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will “Buffet” work with my skin type?
- This product works with all skin types.
I’m pregnant or breastfeeding. Is “Buffet” safe for me?
- This product is considered safe for use while pregnant or breastfeeding, but it’s best to check with your healthcare provider first.
Does “Buffet” treat acne?
- No. We recommend Salicylic Acid 2% Solution, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, or Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% for acne.
Can I mix or layer “Buffet” with other products?
- Yes. If you want to treat dark spots or hyperpigmentation, we recommend layering it with Alpha Arbutin 2% + HA or a vitamin C serum.
How do I add “Buffet” to my skin care routine?
- Apply a few drops to your entire face in the morning and at night before creams, oils, and moisturizers.. Allow a few minutes for it to absorb. You can use it in the morning and at night.
Can I apply “Buffet” around my eyes?
- Yes. It is safe to apply in the eye area.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.