The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG
>> Back to The Ordinary <<
Latest stock arrived: 10/01/2021
Reduces Appearance of Eye Contour Pigmentation and of Puffiness
Size: 30 ml
- pH: 4.5-5.0
What It Is
Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG is a lightweight, water-based serum with caffeine and EGCG.
What It Does
This treatment visibly reduces the appearance of dark circles, under-eye bags, and puffiness in the eye contour area.
- Caffeine: an antioxidant that firms, tightens, and brightens the under-eye area
- Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside (EGCG): a compound found in green tea leaves that provides antioxidant support
This light-textured formula contains an extremely high 5% concentration of caffeine, supplemented with highly-purified Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside (EGCG) from green tea leaves. Independent studies have shown that topical use of each of caffeine and EGCG can help reduce looks of puffiness and of dark circles in the eye contour. Additional studies have shown that caffeine can also reduce the appearance of cellulite.
1. Hollowness in the eye contour as a result of structure of sub-dermal tissues like fat and bone can result in visible shadows under the eyes. This shadow, which is not to be mistaken for dark circles, cannot be addressed with topical skincare including this formula.
2. Fat deposits under the eye contour can create permanent puffiness in this area. This type of deposit cannot be improved with topical skincare, including this formula.
3. Supplied in UV-protective packaging as EGCG is sensitive to light.
While every attempt has been made to ensure stock availability, occasionally we do run out of stock for this item at our store.
If you like to secure the product, you may want to consider to pre-order here:
» [PRE-ORDER] The Ordinary More Molecules «
More information about pre-order can be obtained from the above URL as well.
Massage a small amount into the area around your eyes in the morning and at night.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m pregnant or breastfeeding. Is Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG safe for me?
- This product is considered safe for use while pregnant or breastfeeding, but it’s best to check with your healthcare provider first.
When should I expect to see results?
- You should notice a tightening and firming effect around your eyes after the first use.
How often can I use Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG?
- We recommend applying it once or twice daily.
Can I use Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG with an eye cream?
- Yes. We recommend waiting a few minutes for it absorb into the skin before applying your eye cream.
Aqua (Water), Caffeine, Propanediol, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Epigallocatechin Gallatyl Glucoside, Gallyl Glucoside, Hyaluronic Acid, Oxidized Glutathione, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Polypodium Vulgare Rhizome Extract, Cetraria Islandica Thallus Extract, Sphagnum Magellanicum Extract, Urea, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Xanthan gum, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Propyl Gallate, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Ethoxydiglycol, Benzyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.