The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (Grande) 60ml
Latest stock arrived: 16/10/2019
A Hydration Support Formula with Ultra-Pure, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid
Hydrate, smooth, and plump your skin with this moisture-replenishing hyaluronic acid serum.
Size: 60ml (2 x Regular Size of 30 ml)
- pH: 6.5-7.5
What It Is
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 is a water-based serum with hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5.
What It Does
This treatment hydrates the skin and creates a smooth, supple, and plumped-up appearance. It works by replenishing moisture in multiple layers of the skin.
- Hyaluronic acid: a molecule that can attract up to 1000x its weight in water. This formula combines hyaluronic acid of various molecular weights with an advanced hyaluronic acid crosspolymer to hydrate multiple levels of the skin
- Vitamin B5: also known as panthenol, this vitamin enhances surface hydration for a smooth, supple feel
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) can attract up to 1,000 times its weight in water. The molecular size of HA determines its depth of delivery in the skin. This formulation combines low-, medium- and high-molecular weight HA, as well as a next-generation HA crosspolymer at a combined concentration of 2% for multi-depth hydration. This system is supported with the addition of Vitamin B5 which also enhances surface hydration. A more advanced HA formulation with 15 forms of HA, including precursors of HA, is offered by our brand NIOD in Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex.
Note: Hyaluronic Acid is found in the skin naturally but its natural function within the skin is not hydration. Many products have used HA to claim hydration benefits, but HA is too large of a molecule to penetrate the skin and instead sits on the surface and can draw moisture out of the skin making the surface feel soft and hydrated temporarily, while making you feel like you need more HA after the product is rinsed. This formula uses three forms of HA with varying molecular weights, as well as an HA crosspolymer, to offer multi-depth hydration and visible plumping without drawing water out of the skin solely to improve temporary surface hydration.
There has been extraordinary demand for this product, and we are receiving a very limited supply of stock for now. If the stock for this product show "Sold Out", don’t worry, it will be back. You can pre-order the product using this link, so you will be receiving the new stock as soon as its arrived. Unfortunately, we do not have precise estimated time of arrival for future stock of this item. However, usually it is between 21-50 days.
Apply a few drops to your face in the morning and at night before oils, moisturizers, and creams.
Aqua (Water), Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Propanediol, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is hyaluronic acid?
- Hyaluronic acid is a moisturizing ingredient that occurs naturally in the skin. It attracts moisture to the skin and defends against dehydration over time. It replenishes the top layers of the skin, causing it to look smoother and plumper.
What is B5?
- Vitamin B5 is a water-soluble vitamin that hydrates and nourishes the skin.
How is Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 different than other hyaluronic acid serums?
- This product contains three types of hyaluronic acid with different molecular weights, allowing it to penetrate mutiple layers of the skin for deep hydration.
Will Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 work with my skin type?
- This product works with all skin types. It is non-comedogenic and won’t cause irritation.
Does Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 treat acne?
- This product doesn’t treat acne directly, although it’s a great lightweight hydrator for acne-prone skin. We recommend Salicylic Acid 2% Solution, Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, or Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% for acne.
I’m pregnant or breastfeeding. Is Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 safe for me?
- This product is considered safe for use while pregnant or breastfeeding, but it’s best to check with your healthcare provider first.
How often can I use Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5?
- You can use it as often as you like. We recommend applying it twice per day, once in the morning and once at night.
Should I layer Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 under a moisturizer?
- It’s up to you. If your skin is oily, you may not need another moisturizer. Those with dry skin may prefer to apply a heavier moisturizer over it.
Can I mix or layer Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 with other products?
- Yes. It’s especially useful as a base serum that helps the skin absorb other treatments.
Recently on Social Media
A Hydration Support Formula with Ultra-Pure, Vegan Hyaluronic Acid Hyaluronic Acid (HA) can attract up to 1,000 times its weight in water. The molecular size of HA determines its depth of delivery in the skin. As a part of The Ordinary range with commitment to pricing integrity, this formulation combines low-, medium- and high-molecular weight HA, as well as a next-generation HA crosspolymer at a combined concentration of 2% for multi-depth hydration in an oil-free formula. This system is supported with the addition of Vitamin B5 which also enhances surface hydration. Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 30ml.
A few comments on social media...
- Ohhhhhh new ranges @deciem , you guys must never stop! #excitedJAYNE.WITHA.Y_SW
- Love love love your HA! 😍❤️”THEBALINATUROPATH
- I ordered this plus a few other things and used them for the first time last night and this morning and all day everyone has been commenting on how well my makeup looks todaySARA_NEWLOVE
- I own the HA moisturizer, which I absolutely love! It's doing incredible things for my skin!OFFICIALSIMONEMARIEB
- Received my first The Ordinary product today and I'm so excited!!LPETITESFLEURS