The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
Latest stock arrived: 07/11/2018 (more to come)
High-Strength Vitamin and Mineral Blemish Formula
- ph: 5.50-6.50
What It Is
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a water-based serum with niacinamide (vitamin B3) and zinc.
What It Does
This treatment reduces the appearance of blemishes, redness, enlarged pores, uneven tone, and oily skin. It promotes clearer, brighter, and smoother skin while balancing sebum production.
- Niacinamide: a vitamin that brightens and reduces the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion
- Zinc PCA: a mineral that helps control oil production
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid to balance visible aspects of sebum activity.
Contraindications: If topical Vitamin C is used as part of skincare, it should be applied at alternate times with this formula (ideally Vitamin C in the PM and this formula in the AM). Otherwise, Niacinamide can affect integrity of pure-form Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid).
Note: While Niacinamide and Zinc PCA reduce the look of blemishes and balance visible sebum activity, neither is a treatment for acne. For persistent acne-related conditions, we recommend the use of Benzoyl Peroxide and/or Retinoic Acid. We do not recommend the use of Salicylic Acid. This formulation can be used alongside acne treatments if desired for added visible skin benefits.
There has been extraordinary demand for this product, and we are receiving a very limited supply of stock for now. If the stock for this product show "Sold Out", don’t worry, it will be back. You can pre-order the product using this link, so you will be receiving the new stock as soon as its arrived. Unfortunately, we do not have precise estimated time of arrival for future stock of this item. However, usually it is between 21-50 days.
Apply a small amount to your entire face in the morning and at night before oils, moisturizers, and heavier creams. This product should not be used at the same time as treatments containing pure vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
Frequently Asked Questions
What is niacinamide and what does it do?
- Niacinamide is a vitamin with many benefits for the skin. It visibly brightens and improves the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, dullness, and blemishes.
What is zinc and what does it do?
- Zinc is a mineral that softens and soothes the skin. It has been shown to reduce the appearance of acne and balance sebum production.
Does Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% cause irritation?
- Not usually. However, everyone’s skin is different. We recommend patch testing any new product before adding it to your routine.
Will Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% treat acne?
- Yes. It’s a beneficial treatment for acne and clogged pores that won’t dry out the skin.
I’m pregnant or breastfeeding. Is Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% safe for me?
- This product is considered safe for use while pregnant or breastfeeding, but it’s best to check with your healthcare provider first.
How often can I use Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%?
- We recommend applying it twice per day, once in the morning and once at night.
Can I mix or layer Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% with other products?
- Yes, except for products containing ascorbic acid, like Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%. If you use a product containing ascorbic acid, we recommend applying it at night and applying Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% in the morning.
Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.