The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution
Latest stock arrived: 17/10/2018
With 2% Salicylic Acid and Witch Hazel
Fight acne, unclog pores, and clarify your skin with this exfoliating serum.
- ph: 3.20-3.50
What It Is
Salicylic Acid 2% Solution is a water-based exfoliating serum with salicylic acid.
What It Does
This treatment exfoliates deep inside the walls of pores to fight acne, oily skin, and blemishes. It promotes smoother skin texture and visible clarity with regular use.
- Salicylic acid: a beta hydroxy acid that sheds built-up dead skin to unclog pores and clear congestion. It also has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
Salicylic Acid is a beta hydroxyl acid that exfoliates the skin. This 2% treatment solution helps exfoliate the inside walls of pores to fight the appearance of blemishes and for better visible skin clarity with continued use.
Contraindications: This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions.
Note: While exfoliating acids can result in quick visible benefits, we generally suggest indirect forms of skin exfoliation in favour of direct forms such as this formula due to potential inflammation and sensitivity associated with acids. Please refer to NIOD's Non-Acid Acid Precursor for such a reference.
Note: This product is not medicine. If you are fighting extensive or persistent acne, please consult a physician. Effective medicine exists to fight acne successfully, including retinoic acid and benzoyl peroxide.
Use in the AM and PM. Apply a small dot directly on spots for visible improvement or apply a small amount over the face to maintain visible clarity with continued use. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes. Do not rinse off. Continue with additional skin treatments as needed. If persistent irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult a physician. (Sunburn Alert: This product contains a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Salicylic Acid 2% Solution treat acne?
- Yes. Salicylic acid has been shown to reduce acne by exfoliating congested skin and soothing inflammation and blemishes.
I’m pregnant or breastfeeding. Is Salicylic Acid 2% Solution safe for me?
- Products with salicylic acid are not recommended for use while pregnant or breastfeeding.
Can I mix or layer Salicylic Acid 2% Solution with other products?
- Yes. We recommend proceeding with caution if you choose to use it with products containing vitamin C, retinoids, or alpha hydroxy acids, as this may cause irritation. You may want to alternate these products every other day.
How do I add Salicylic Acid 2% Solution to my skin care routine?
- Apply it to your face in the morning and at night before oils, moisturizers, and creams. You can also apply it directly to blemishes as a spot treatment.
Aqua (Water), Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Water, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Salicylic Acid, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ethoxydiglycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 1,2-hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.
Our formulations are updated from time to time as part of our commitment to innovation. As such, the ingredient list shown here may vary from the box of the product depending on time and region of purchase.
Recently on Social Media
Fatter, cuddlier sizes of Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA and Salicylic Acid 2% Solution are now here. The whole myth of less is more just doesn't seem to do it any more. We all know more is more 🐒😜... (there is one actual bad news: they're not in Australia yet 🙈)
A few comments on social media...
- Why all your caption are too cute..i can't...omg..love deciem!NIA__INAYZIE
- Yeasssss Salicylic acid is one of my favourite product from @theordinaryfor sure! No more blackheads thank you very much!JULIANACM82
- Perfect, I love your salicylic acid so much ,it's working very well on my skin🤗NADINCHEN_H_PUNKT
- Love your products. I got all the females in my office hooked on your ordinary products. Yesterday half of the girls got some of their orders and the screaming sounded like they just met their favorite boy band 🤣🤣🤣🤣AFGH34
- Oh my god. I cannot emphasize how happy I am 🙇🏼♀️ Adore this product!ANNNYBIRD
- So much love for you guys @deciemSOMEWHERE_IN_LONDON_
- YES!!!! So excited to hear this and the prices are AMAZING!!! Thank you thank youLA.VITA.BEAUTY
- Yaaassss! This is perfect! A company that listens and produces what the customers want? 😱 You guys are a miracle!JOYDEEANN
- Love what you guys do!! ✨😊✨ABBOMINABLE
- Since my sister and I have started using your products we have both seen a big difference in our skin . My sister suffers from eczema and her skin has been never been this clear in a very long time.BELLE_AME_MAKEUP
- You've answered my prayers with the bigger Salicylic acid!! ♥️♥️HOIYINLI
- I'm in love with my The Ordinary collection products it help me a lot😍😍😘thanksARLENENUNEZ4
- thanks! I have almost all of the ordinary products and I love them!HOLLYHOLLYHOLLYYYY
- Literally just made a post about The Ordinary! LOVE them so much, cant wait to try more!TATTOOEDJADEY
- This looks so beautiful I might just cry 😭INK_FOR_BLOOD
- Life changing products! Thank you 🙏🏼KTGINNI